The La Strada Foundation focuses on fighting the battle against human trafficking, with a geographical focus upon Poland. We do this through:
- Providing advice about travelling abroad. (eg for the purpose of finding work, getting married etc.)
- Organising workshops and educational meetings with young people.
- Raising awareness of our work and presence through large scale events.
Working directly with human trafficking:
- Identifying victims of human trafficking.
- Crisis intervention in cases where human trafficking is occurring.
- Addressing and providing for the fundamental needs of victims of human trafficking.
- Providing safe and secure shelter for victims of human trafficking.
- Providing legal advice to victims of human trafficking.
- Organising access to medical and psychological support.
- Supporting and advising victims in their contacts with governmental departments.
- Supporting victims in their return to a normal life.
Informing and lobbying:
- Running information campaigns.
- Establishing a working relationship with the media
- Running educational programmes.
- Raising awareness amongst decision makers about the issues of human trafficking.
- Advising government in changes of legislation.
- Proposing new legal solutions.
Research and analysis.
- Continuous monitoring of all issues linked to human trafficking.
- Researching specific elements of human trafficking.
Advising institutions and professionals.
- Providing individual consultations.
- Designing, organising and delivering educational programmes.
- Organising and delivering seminars and conferences .
- Advising and training professionals working with marginalised groups.